- 1 Getting help
- 2 Classes
- 2.1 Bioinformatics and Integrative Genomics (BIG) Classes
- 2.2 Countway Library classes
- 2.3 MCB 111: Mathematics in Biology
- 2.4 Systems Biology 200. Dynamic and Stochastic Processes in Cells
- 2.5 BIO 508: Genomic Data Manipulation
- 2.6 Neuro 306qc: Quantitative Methods Boot Camp
- 2.7 All Biostatistics classes at HSPH
- 2.8 Nanocourses at HMS
HMS Research Computing
- Computing support, consulting, and classes
IDAC - Image and Data Analysis Core at Harvard Medical School
Harvard Catalyst Biostatistical Consulting Program
Harvard Catalyst Bioinformatics Consulting
Quant Comp Bio Listserv
If taking classes for credit, check with your program administrator that the class is approved for credit within your program.
Bioinformatics and Integrative Genomics (BIG) Classes
- Bioinformatics, computational, and genomics classes
Countway Library classes
- A range of classes on general computing skills, bioinformatics, statistical tools, data management etc.
MCB 111: Mathematics in Biology
- Develops the mathematics needed for quantitative understanding of biological phenomena including data analysis, simple models, and framing quantitative questions. Topics include probability, transforms and linear algebra, and dynamical systems, each motivated by current biological research.
- Michael Manish Desai and Erel Levine
- Spring term
Systems Biology 200. Dynamic and Stochastic Processes in Cells
- Rigorous introduction to (i) dynamical systems theory as a tool to understand molecular and cellular biology (ii) stochastic processes in single cells, using tools from statistical physics and information theory.
- Johan M. Paulsson, Jeremy M. Gunawardena
- Fall term
BIO 508: Genomic Data Manipulation
- Introduction to genomic data analysis using python
- Very intense, but well worth it
- C. Huttenhower
- Spring term
Neuro 306qc: Quantitative Methods Boot Camp
- Introduction to programming, statistics and image analysis using MATLAB
- M. Springer, R. Born
- May and August offerings (2 weeks each)
All Biostatistics classes at HSPH
Nanocourses at HMS
- Nanocourses are short (typically 2-day) courses on specific subjects. Nanocourses on computational/quantitative topics offered in the past included courses on Data Analysis, Quantitative Imaging and of Modeling Infectious Disease. Check the nanocourse website for currently available courses.